Q: I am a brand new beginner. What do I need for the first class?
A: Please wear a workout shirt and shorts. You will not need wrestling shoes for your first class.
Q: What can we expect at tournaments?
1. Each wrestler will be paired up with another wrestler of similar age, and weight. The age should be within a year of each other and the weight difference should be no more than 7 lbs. Also, first year wrestlers will wrestle other first year wrestlers.
2. Wrestling tournaments are super exciting to watch, but they can run a bit long (at least 3-4 hours). Please pack snacks and games for siblings.
3. It is common to wrestle a teammate in a tournament. If you choose not to wrestle that is okay. You will just forfeit the match and wait for the next one.
4. In rare occasions you may not have an opponent your age and weight. If that is the case you can either wrestle in a different division (higher weight or age) or receive a refund of your tournament fees.
5. You will see parents being hard on their kids. We ask that you keep the environment as positive as possible as it can get pretty competitive. Our goal is for them to have a positive learning experience, learn how to persevere, test their limits, and stand strong knowing that they can push harder and farther than they ever thought they could, ultimately developing their character. By keeping it positive for your wrestler, you will be given a much greater chance that they will continue with the sport as they get older.